Sunday, March 9, 2014

Protect Your Face From Pimples With The Right Sunblock

Since the warmer days are coming up (at least for me) preparing my summer's worth of sunblock is super important. I was just in Puerto Rico last week for my spring break, and I definitely got some sun. I love, love, love the sun. Loving the sun comes with consequences, though, because it comes with premature aging, skin cancer, and also pimples! Even though having a pretty, bronzed face looks good, it doesn't look so good when you have pimples along with it. The sun can actually cause pimples, ESPECIALLY when you use the wrong sunblock for your face that can clog your pores. If you are acne-prone or have sensitive skin... this post is for you. Read on.

When it comes to facial sunblocks, always use one that is meant for the face. If you are acne-prone, you want a facial sunblock that is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic. If you can't find one that says non-comedogenic, it usually just says "doesn't clog pores" on the bottle. That works too, but not 100% of the time. Stick to the reliable "non-comedogenic" word. It is always your best bet. Making sure your sunblock is oil-free is essential too, because the oils in the lotion can make your skin greasy. When your face gets greasy, it can lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Hypoallergenic helps your skin from getting irritated and getting a reaction from the ingredients in the sunblock.

I always like to have a SPF 15 and 30 facial sunblock in the summer. I use 30 in the beginning when my face is just starting to get color, and then 15 when I want to just deepen my tan. If you are very prone to getting sunburn, go up to 40 or even 70. Whatever you prefer.

I really like Coppertone's facial sunblocks. They are usually oil-free and the bottle says that it won't clog your pores. Stayed tuned for posts about my favorite sunblocks for my skin, and my not so favorites. 

Enjoy the sun and stay pimple free!
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment