Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New Toner! My Review

Hello my skin care and beauty loves! I know I've been M.I.A for a while, but now I am officially back. Like you all know, I am a college student and the school work is a little stressful. I finally have some down time and have so many new things to share with you all. Can't wait!

Recently, I ran out of my Simple Soothing toner which I ADORED. I've written posts about it in the past and raved about my love for this natural toner and thought I would never find another one like it. Well, sadly, I was forced to find another one recently since I could not find the Simple toner ANYWHERE. I went to two different Targets and it was no where to be found. You could say I had a mini panic attack. I started to look around for other toners, reading the ingredients, seeing if it was natural, and so forth. As I was looking around, I came across a colorful, floral bottle that caught my eye. I started to look into it and see what was in it, and you could say I was impressed. I smelled the toner and it smelled so good! I was hooked. I though to myself, "Why not try it out?" I had nothing to lose. Except a breakout. 

This toner is by Alba Botanica and it's called Hawaiian Facial toner with complexion balancing hibiscus. I immediately brought it home and tried it out. First thoughts: "Ooh this smells so good. And feels good too!" It was light and refreshing on my skin, and did not leave a greasy-like "film" on top of my face. It seemed to really clean my skin and get the excess dirt from my face that my face wash failed to remove. I did not find it drying (make sure to follow with face lotion, of course). After about a week of daily usage, I noticed my facial complexion to be better and my skin was balanced. Even though switching from my beloved Simple toner was a drastic change, this new Hawaiian toner really impressed me. I give it a thumbs up!

Like it says on the back of the bottle, "Calm, cool-as-a-cucumber witch hazel and aloe vera purify and minimize pores. Extracts of hibiscus, honeysuckle, passion flower and guava further refine and refresh so skin finishes with a smooth, balanced tone. Even complexion without the shine? How pure-fect! Hypo-allergenic."
Why not give it a try? It was a little on the pricey side ($13). You can buy this at any Target. I would love to hear what you guys think!

Tone away to a Hawaiian escape,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment