Friday, February 21, 2014

Clean Out Your Candle Jars for Smart Organizing!

I don't know about you guys, but usually all my beauty stuff is unorganized. I have 3 bottles of face wash, cotton pads, and lotion bottles everywhere. I try to organize my bathroom every once in a while, but I never know where to put my stuff! Recently, my sister told me she cleaned out her candle jars to use as bathroom storage. I fell in love with the idea. If you are a candle lover (like me) and have unused candles that you want to throw away, think twice! Those pretty glass jars can be used for so much more...

How to clean out your candle jar the right way:
1. First, put your candles in the freezer overnight. (The longer you can keep it in there, the better.)
2. After they have been in the freezer overnight, take a knife and get the wax out. It usually just pops out of the jar. (TIP: DO NOT put the wax into the sink! That can clog it. Throw away in the trash instead.) 
3. Get a cooking pot (big enough for your candle jar) and put about an inch of water in there. Make sure the water is not above the candle rim. It has to be below. Get the water to a boil. 
2. Once the water is at a boil, place the candle in there. After about a minute or so, take the candle out. TIP: Don't reach your hand in the pot over the heat. Remove the pot from the heat, get a kitchen glove, and carefully remove the candle.
3. Boiling the water is used to help remove the candle wicks from the bottom. With a fork, remove the wick. It may take a few times to get it out since it's usually stuck on the bottom pretty good. Clean the inside with hot water and soap. Also, make sure to remove the candle sticker. 
4. After all that cleaning, there's usually more extra residue in the candle jar. I recommend using Goo Gone to help get it off.

Simple as that! Not all candle jars need to be used for bathroom storage, though. You can use cleaned candle jars for growing plants, putting ingredients in there for the kitchen, or just using them as decoration. It's a smart way of recycling and can save you money too. For a beauty guru like me, I can use as much storage as I can for my beauty products. Good luck!
Recycle my loves,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment