Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Change Your Pillow & Face Towels!

Imagine... you finally get in your bed at night with a nice, cleansed face, and you rest your head upon your soft pillow. Little did you know the soft pillow had bacteria, oils from your hair, and dead skin. Your face is laying on top of this. Gross!

Most people don't think pillows can actually cause acne. Ever since I learned that, I've tried to change my pillow case every week. I've noticed that if I don't switch out my pillow case for a while, I wake up with a few new pimples. Never a fun feeling. Make sure you switch out your pillow case! 

In addition to pillows, also make sure to switch out your face towels. Your face towels can also hold bacteria and makeup (and they can start to smell bad, too!). So when you dry off your face with that towel, you are essentially putting that icky stuff on your face. That's a big no-no. I like to switch my face towel, like my pillow, once a week. Preventing breakouts is the smartest thing you can do.

What I like to do: I try to have an extra pillow case ready in addition to the one I am currently using. That way I don't have to wash the same pillow case every week. That sounds like too much work. Plan ahead! (with face towels, too.)

Prevent!
-Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment