Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Why I Love Coconut Oil

It seems like the biggest craze lately has been coconut oil and I could not agree with this more. This SHOULD be a craze because coconut oil is a must have for anyone who wants soft, beautiful skin. One time when I was researching homemade masks, one website said to try coconut oil. I thought to myself, "Why would I ever put oil on my face? Wouldn't that make me break out?" Knowing how experimental I am with skin care solutions, I thought I would give it a try. I went to Trader Joes and bought myself a jar of organic extra virgin coconut oil. I put it on my face for a moisturizing mask and my skin felt beautiful! I could tell a difference. Let's get a little scientific here on why coco oil is a must:
  • It contains antibacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties.
  • It kills off the bacteria which causes acne to appear. 
  • It works as a great moisturizer. Applying the oil to your skin stops moisture from being lost through the pores and increases the moisture levels of your skin. 
  • Contains vitamin E- good for anti-aging.
I apply my coconut oil mask about once/twice a week by putting the jar under hot water until the oil melts fully. I put a thin layer on my face and I leave it on for as long as I can (probably around 30 minutes or so). I also put some on my lips too during the mask- great natural Chapstick! Kill two birds with one stone. 

You will be a coco oil lover just like me when you try it. Embrace natural products!

-Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment