Thursday, January 2, 2014

Green Tea is Everything

Ok... so maybe green tea isn't everything but I don't think I could live without it. When I first started drinking green tea, I just drank it for the taste. After about the first 30 cups of green tea, I can only think to myself "Are there any benefits? Is this good for you?" Google, being my best friend, informed me that green tea does have a lot of benefits, especially for your skin.

Now, what are these benefits? Green tea has a ton of antioxidants which benefit your body. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agents that can reduce acne and prevent future breakouts. In addition, studies have shown that it can actually reverse sun damage when applied topically.

Here's a tip: try green tea as a toner or put it in a spritz bottle to refresh your face throughout the day. I used green tea as a spritzer once and it felt refreshing (especially during the hot summer days!). The leaves in the tea bag can work as a gentle exfoliant as well. 

There are so many benefits of green tea that not all of them could even be listed here. It goes as much as to even reduce tooth decay! 

If I have not already convinced you enough, I recommend to drink a cup of green tea a day and your skin (and body!) will thank you. :)

Drink up,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment