Monday, January 13, 2014

My Dream Cream (Topical Treatment)

I have tried many topical products in my day, but one of them has really earned the title of the "dream cream". Well, it's not necessarily a cream, but a gel... and I couldn't really find a catchy phrase rhyming with gel so I will stick to cream. Anyway, this gel is fabulous and I want to tell everyone who struggles with acne to get this. It's important to remember that everyone's skin is different, but I've recommended this gel to a few of my friends, and all of them have had awesome reviews. It's called Acanya.

Let me begin to say that Retinoid topical treatments and I have not always been friends. I had a pretty ugly reaction to it. I know in the beginning of a topical treatment it gets worse before it gets better, but for this I could not wait any longer. My skin began to breakout in a reddish rash, and it got bumpy and dry. I immediately got off of it and never looked back. Even though this did not necessarily work for me, I have heard that products containing Retinoid has worked great for other people. Me not one of them. Yikes.

So one day my dermatologist gave me a sample of something that would save my skin forever. Like I said earlier, the name is Acanya, which is a topical antibiotic for acne. It is pretty mild and consists of a mixture of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. I have been using this gel for about 4 years now, and it still works wonders for me. Before bed I'll put a little on all over my face, or I'll just put it on a few pimples. A little goes a long way! I wake up with significantly reduced redness and my pimples are almost unnoticeable. Now, on the other hand, if my sister were to try this, this would be a big no-no. Her skin does not react well to benzoyl. Remember, even though this works for me it might not work for you, especially if your skin is sensitive!! 

Good luck everyone. Keep in mind that you have to go through a few bad products before you find out which one works best for you.

Love,
-Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment