Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Coco Oil... The Obsession Continues

One of my very first posts in this blog was my post on the amazing benefits of coconut oil. You can say I'm obsessed, to say the least. I have been so happy with the results coco oil has done for my skin- it has cleared it up, made it so soft, and made it look smooth and glowing. For more info on coconut oil for the face, check out my post "Why I Love Coconut Oil".

Little did you know, coconut oil can be used for so much more than just face. I put coconut oil on my lashes before I go to sleep, because it nourishes them and makes them soft. I only put a light layer because if you put too much, it can irritate your beautiful eyes.

You can also use coco oil for a fabulous hair mask. If you notice your hair to start getting brittle at the ends or you just can feel it's dry, I definitely recommend to use a coco hair mask! Make sure the oil is fully melted before you apply it anywhere. After the oil has been melted, I like to apply the oil from the bottom of the hair up. If you have dry scalp and/or dandruff, then the oil will be beneficial for your scalp area. Just a warning: since you are putting oil in your hair, it will obviously make your hair a little oily. It make take 2 washes to fully get all the oil out. I usually do 2 shampoo washes to rinse out the mask. Be light on the oil though- a little goes a long way. Remember: the more oil you put, the oilier your hair will be! After I rinse the hair mask out, my hair is so soft and smells like coconuts. How much better can that get?

I'm not done yet! You can also use coconut oil on your lips! Coco oil works as a natural lip balm, and really hydrates those lips. In addition, it can work as an eye makeup remover and can be applied on dry skin. Coconut oil absorbs quickly so it shouldn't leave you with a greasy after feel. These are the very few uses of coco oil and I encourage you to try them! I'm sure there are so many more ways you could use the oil, but here are just my favs.

I bought my coconut oil at Trader Joes. It's around $8 I believe. It will also last you forever. When buying coconut oil for beauty reasons, make sure it is organic and virgin. 
Coco oil 4 life,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment